Dates: Saturday 1 September and Saturday 22 September 2012
Venue: Cedars Academy, Leighton Buzzard
The Level 1 qualification is a generic course and qualifies you as an assistant coach who can plan, deliver, and review angling coaching activities. You will be able to work under the guidance of a Level 2 angling coach. You can become a Registered Coach and will also be offered the opportunity to have a Criminal Record Bureau check completed.
This certificate is awarded by 1st4sport Qualifications and has been developed in partnership with the Angling Development Board (ADB). The Level 1Award provides an opportunity to study and be assessed for both the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching angling.
To provide you with an introduction to the principles and practices of coaching safe and ethical angling activities to adults and children. The qualification will help you to understand how to deliver aspects of coaching sessions, normally under direct supervision of more qualified coaches.
On the completion of the L1ACAQ course, you should be able to:
- establish working relationships with the participants and others
- establish a safe coaching environment
- prepare for activities, taking into account participants’ needs and motives
- contribute to the creation of a safe working environment
- prepare the participants for the coaching activities
- support participants’ behaviour
- conclude activities
- review the activities
- contribute to the evaluation of participants’ performance
- develop continual personal practice
For more information and an application form, go to the Angling Development Board's website - click here.
If you have any further queries, contact:
Regional Development Officer - East
Angling Development Board