Everyone should have access to sport, regardless of gender, age, race, ability, faith or sexual orientation.
As a coach, you have an important role to play in ensuring this happens. The workshop will help you to apply and extend your existing skills to meet the needs of present and potential participants.
This workshop will help you to:
• explain what equity means and why it is important
• identify barriers to participation
• use appropriate language and terminology
• identify and challenge inequitable behaviour
• interpret the legal framework that affects coaching
• establish where to go for further information
The workshop is a Minimum Operating Standard requirement for many governing bodies of sport, it can be delivered to all those responsible for organising sport (eg within governing bodies of sport, local authorities, sports and leisure centres, sports clubs) and those who lead or deliver sport programmes (eg coaches, leaders, instructors, development officials, administrators, volunteers, parents).